After assessing truck-oriented congestion at 250 spots on the U.S. highway system, the American Transportation Research Institute has unveiled a list of the top 10 highway intersections in the country for truck freight congestion:
- Fort Lee, NJ: I-95 AT SR 4
- Chicago, IL: I-290 AT I-90/I-94
- Atlanta, GA: I-285 AT I-85 (NORTH)
- Cincinatti, OH: I-71 AT I-75
- Houston, TX: I-45 AT US 59
- Houston, TX: I-610 AT US 290
- St. Louis, MO: I-70 AT I-64 (WEST)
- Los Angeles, CA: SR 60 AT SR 57
- Louisville, KY: I-65 AT I-64/I-71
- Austin, TX: I-35
ATRI says it compiled the list based on custom software applications, along with terabytes of data from trucking operations.
The George Washington Bridge, connecting New York and New Jersey, surpassed the perennial first-place holder Chicago’s Circle Interchange.