TravelCenters of America, operator of TA and Petro Stopping Center facilities, announced its first annual Citizen Driver Award recipients today at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Ky., to recognize drivers who evoke respect for the industry.
“You’ve inspired pride and respect in the trucking industry by your actions and your attitudes,” said Barry Richards, executive vice president.
As part of the selection process, each driver picked his or her favorite TA or Petro Stopping Center location, which will be renamed after them. All finalists and semi-finalists also receive an award package from TA and Petro.
The seven winners are:
- Henry Albert, “Henry Albert Laredo Travel Center” in Texas.
- Jimmy Ardis, “Jimmy Ardis Manning Travel Center” in South Carolina.
- Linda and Bob Caffee, “Linda and Bob Caffee north Las Vegas Stopping Center,” Nevada.
- Charley Endorf, “Charley Endorf York Stopping Center” in Nebraska.
- Jerry Fritts, “Petro West Memphis Stopping Center” in Arkansas.
- Shawn Hubbard, “Shawn Hubbard Ontario Stopping Center,” in California.
- Norman Knight, “Norman Knight Columbia Travel Center,” in New Jersey.
TravelCenters President and CEO Tom O’Brien said the award “is a way to recognize the best of the best, not just for being good at their jobs, but for being good people that everyone, everywhere, both inside and outside of trucking, can admire and respect.”
Nomination forms for the 2015 awards will be posted to the TA and Petro Stopping Center websites in May. Winners will be announced at the 2015 MATS.