Several ramps along I-15 in Las Vegas will be closed through late February while the Nevada Department of Transportation demolishes and rebuilds a bridge.
The closures began Wednesday night, Oct. 26, on the I-15 south and northbound ramps to U.S. Highway 95, the I-15 south and northbound ramps to Martin Luther King Boulevard and the U.S. 95 northbound ramp to Martin Luther King Boulevard. NDOT says I-15 and Highway 95 will both remain open in both directions throughout the project, along with other ramps in the so-called “Spaghetti Bowl.”
NDOT offers the following detour routes for the four-month construction project:
- I-15 South to U.S. 95 North – Take the exit for Lake Mead Boulevard westbound and head south on MLK Boulevard to reach U.S. 95 North.
- I-15 North to U.S. 95 North – Traffic will be detoured onto the MLK Boulevard exit ramp and back onto U.S. 95 North with a temporary one-lane detour with a reduced speed limit.
- U.S. 95 North to MLK Boulevard – Continue onto U.S. 95 North to Rancho Drive and turn around on U.S. 95 South to exit at MLK.
- I-15 North to MLK – Exit onto Charleston Boulevard westbound and turn north to reach MLK.
- I-15 South to MLK – Exit at Lake Mead Boulevard westbound to reach MLK.